One of the biggest obstacles we’re facing right now is the reality that Disney Channel may not be willing to sell or release the rights to Girl Meets World. Such a thing has never happened in modern Disney Channel history, so we’ve got to push them as hard as we can. For the next few days, we implore Girl Meets World fans to focus on urging Disney Channel to play ball should another company express interest in purchasing the rights to produce new episodes of our beloved show. Here’s how:
- To inject some more positivity into our actions towards Disney Channel, we encourage fans to tweet at Disney’s Executive Director of Original Series Development, Corey Marsh. Corey Marsh is the reason Girl Meets World exists in the first place, so tweet him a little thank you note if you feel so inclined. His twitter handle is @Mrfeenyfan (he’s one of us!). This is a show of appreciation, not an attack. Corey Marsh is not involved in decisions about selling the rights as far as we know, but he supports the show. He even retweeted about #girlmeetsworldseason4 ahead of the cancellation. Let’s spread a little goodwill by telling him thank you for this wonderful show and his hard work to get it on the air to begin with.
- Sign and share the petition for Disney Channel to give up/sell the rights to Girl Meets World. This petition is separate from the main “Continue Girl Meets World on another network” petition, so sign and share share share!
- Call Disney Audience Relations at 1-818-460-7477 to express your dismay at the cancellation of Girl Meets World and politely request that Disney work with Netflix or Hulu by selling the rights.
- Click here to use Disney Channel’s feedback form to express your disappointment and ask that they sell the rights.
- Write to Disney Channel (Attn: Gary Marsh, President) at 3800 W. Alameda Ave Suite 2151 Burbank, California 91505. (Current mail-in campaign details here!)
- Use this hashtag: #DisneyGiveUpGMW.
- Twitter: @disneychannel and @disneychannelPR.
- Instagram: @disneychannel and @disneychannelPR.
- Facebook: Politely comment on their posts here.
Action plan for #GirlMeetsGoodbye coming soon, but for now don’t forget to add the #SaveGirlMeetsWorld twibbon to your twitter profile!